Friday, September 16, 2011

Monaco Royale Vanessa Perrin

Monaco Royale Vanessa by alington
Monaco Royale Vanessa, a photo by alington on Flickr.
The W Club exclusive Vanessa doll from 2011 has finally arrived! She's an exclusive and limited edition of 810 dolls. Every member was given a chance to purchase this doll for $135.

Monaco Royale uses the revamped "Fauxnessa" sculpt. I think she's gorgeous, but would have to agree with a lot of collectors that she doesn't look a whole lot like the old Vanessa. I think Integrity did start with her old sculpt, however--You can still see her squared jaw. She reminds me some of Vero, and a lot of Anja, too. And she's had some collagen injections in her lips so she can look a little more like Poppy. (I love those lips!)

First, two pet peeves of the doll: The necklace was hard to fasten (it took me forever!), and the hairline looks a little off balance to me.

Those two things aside, I think she is gorgeous. I love the brunette updo, her lavender and peachy facial screening. My doll's lashes are perfect.

The gown is really elegant. The wrapped skirt is super soft and falls just right. The top is meticulously sequined and beaded over lace, and I don't have a single loose sequin out of place. It zips in the back and fits perfectly. I love the gold belt accessory.

Her jewelry is really nice--earrings, very nice necklace with a tiny clasp, nice big earrings (without being out of scale) and three gold bangles. Plus, she includes a cosmopolitan. To me, Vanessa has always seemed more like a a gin and tonic kind of girl.

Her shoes are gold buckled sandals, which slid right onto her foot, no unbuckling needed. Wow.

Anyway, I'm pleased with her.

Check out more photos of her on Flickr!


1 comment:

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...