Thursday, July 14, 2011

Poppy Parker and Darla Daley @ the IFDC

Foto Fab by alington
Foto Fab, a photo by alington on Flickr.
Last, but definitely not least, is the 2011 Poppy Parker collection. I was delighted to see these girls, along with Poppy's new companion, Darla Daley, in person. Click here for the full photo album.

I'm using Foto Fab Poppy as my main photo, but I have one other as well. I'd heard about some concerns about her facial screening--it looks too pale in the promo shots or whatever. I had my concerns, too. After seeing her in person, I can confidently say I won't be selling mine. She has a little aqua liner on her lower lashes, and it's just enough. Her hair is a golden blonde, which is a great match for the make-up and outfit.

Perfectly Purple (below) is gorgeous brunette with similar facial screening to the 2010 line--dark eye liner and detailed eye lashes. In any case, whether you like her eccentric lavender plaid or think it's over the top, she's going to be fun to redress.

Youthquake Poppy is surprisingly minimalist. She's also delightful. Her facial screening is different in that she's missing her eye lashes. I thought that would bother me, but it definitely fits with her basic outfit, dark liner, and neutral eye shadow. Her hair is bright red and styled in a gorgeous Marlo flip.

Twist 'n Shout Darla is plain cute. Her hair is tighter than her promo photos as well, but it suits. I think her face is much softer, too--even her prominent nose. Both she and Youthquake have perfectly scaled fishnet tights, too, and their jumpers are fun.

Hit Single is the Darla I pre-ordered, and I wish I had better photos of her. Her hair really does it for me. Oh, I admit it. I love her outfit, too. The A-line minidress has a tiny printed stripe pattern that's just perfect.

Perfectly Purple Poppy Parker by Integrity Toys


Photography notes:
For some reason, Flickr has ignored all my color correction, and I'll have to fix my photos in Picnik. Everything looks too yellow and a bit green. Hopefully I can get these corrected, so you can have a better idea of what the colors really looked like. 
For those of you who are photography experts, please come to IFDC and use a flash next year! My photos always tend to look like crap with a flash. (I'm working on it.) And I admit it. I'm a bokeh addict. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...