Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Back from IFDC

I'm back from the International Fashion Doll Convention (IFDC) and I still have a lot of unpacking to do, but I thought I'd share some things in a couple of different posts first. Since I mentioned earlier that I'm trying to get a handle on my doll collecting, I thought I'd share pictures of my sales table at IFDC.

Sales Table


You can see more photos of my table on my Flickr photostream.

Selling was a lot of fun. Several of us from our doll club here in San Diego purchased table space and were grouped together. We each had very different things to offer which helped to attract a wide range of customers.

As I did last year, I only paid for one sales table. That was a mistake. I really could have used two. You can see in the pictures how crowded everything was. In fact, I couldn't fit everything onto the one table. I kept telling folks they needed to come around to the back of the table to look in a couple more bins that I had!

Sales were great, I sold quite a bit but I still had a lot left to come back home with me. I plan on slowly putting the rest up on the Doll Page Show and Sell site and on eBay.

Additionally, since it was a sales room, I ended up visiting other tables. So, yes, I did buy more stuff! I do think I sold more than I purchased, but it's easy to see how my collecting gets out of control.

1 comment:

  1. I thin you could have certainly used a second table. And I recognize a lot of stuff from your table that is now in my collection. ;) And what great deals!!

    Don't forget to post links on here when you start posting for-sale items on the DollPage.

    OMG, Val--you could see the debox Pullip doll. I'm bringing her to our next meet. She is ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...