Thursday, December 17, 2009

Goldie - and yes, I peeked.


Goldie, originally uploaded by alington.
My birthday present is here!

I peeked again. I'm so bad. My birthday is January 10. My wonderful husband got me a doll--and he's actually a little weirded out by my ball-jointed collection. But he knows how much I love them.

I fell in love with Goldie at the BJD convention in San Diego--Ms. Cholong of Boutique Doll had a normal skin, small-busted girl in stock. But I just couldn't justify the purchase that day. I was so surprised when my husband suggested later that I go ahead and get her!

With the Peak's Woods special (free head with doll order), I checked with Boutique Doll if they would honor the special. Since it was an online only event, Ms. Cholong gave me an even better deal: an in-stock doll (no waiting!), a DollHeart outfit (I chose one of three), and free shipping--all for a no-face-up-doll price. Seriously, she is my new source for DollHeart, Peak's Woods and LeekeWorld. I am hooked. Her customer service is awesome, and she's just so wonderfully nice to deal with!

Well, when a big box arrived today, I had to check to make sure Goldie had all her fingers intact. It's such a rough trip via FedEx from LA to San Diego. (I'm sure!) And once she was open, I couldn't leave her bald and naked! She's such a fine girl. (Those are her stock eyes--aren't they wonderful??)

And while I was at it, I went ahead and took a few photos. She's so pretty. I don't know how I'll be able to get her back in the box! It would just feel so wrong to put her away! Anyway, go check out her photoshoot on Picasa and Flickr.

Tell me what you think... and what you think I should do. Put her in the box? Wrap up the empty box? Ha ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, you're funny!

    Sorry--his brother's already married. :) I'll keep my eyes open for you, though!!

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...