Thursday, March 13, 2008

New DC Stars available from Tonner Direct

I got an email this afternoon regarding a new release Aquaman, King of Atlantis, available from Tonner Direct. He has a new face sculpt (he doesn't look very happy) and outfit (I love the mini sequins scales) and is looking pretty interesting at $159.99. He's a limited edition of 1000. I was actually considering using the Aquaman doll (the original sculpt) as my Henry VIII doll. This new sculpt actually looks crabbier, which maybe would suit old Hal a little bit better!
Plus, if you're a DC Stars fan, there are a limited number of 12 artist's proof Harley Quinn dolls available online as well. The price is listed at $219.99, and I bet they won't last long. I wasn't sure what artist proof dolls are, so I looked it up. According to PR Collect, "artist's proofs are a special subset of the regular limited edition, which usually sell for 10-30% more than the regular edition." This apparently adds to their collectibility, according to this website.
Photos courtesy Tonner Doll Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...