Monday, February 11, 2008

My blossoming collection

Two of my current favorite dolls are Elizabeth Swann, a limited edition and a one of a kind (OOAK) repaint of Liv Tyler from Lord of the Rings, as Arwen.
I bought Elizabeth for my collection of Henry VIII wives, and she is my Queen Katheryn Howard, Henry's fifth wife and second wife he beheaded. She is my first out-of-the-box Tonner doll. I saw her at a local doll shop, the only one in my area, which was going out of business. I couldn't leave the store without her.
The thing I've noticed about repainted or restyled dolls is that you really need to use cotton, silk or linen--natural--fabrics for their clothing. While Arwen is gorgeous, her polyester dress looks dull and stiff next to Elizabeth's yellow silk brocade.
What just amazes me is how the Tonner dolls really do look like their gorgeous photos on TonnerDoll.com. In fact, I think this doll is actually more beautiful in person than in the photo. Elizabeth Swann photo courtesy Tonner Doll Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your thoughtful, on-topic, and relevant comments. We'd love to start a discussion here.

Please note that links, off-topic, and irrelevant comments won't be published.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...